In answer to some questions that I received recently here is – dare I use the word ‘handy’ list of difference when dealing with either the alpha male (the pub fighter ) and the predator ( mugger and rapist)
- Do not appear as a threat – threats will be challenged.
- Avoid eye contact, the alpha male will be on the look out for this and will assume it to be a challenge
- Do not get sucked into an argument – just walk away
- Have thick skin – the alpha male will try and initiate a fight through machismo arguments
- Leaving the pub – this is not cowardice it’s common sense.
- Pride is a good way to get injured or killed
- Avoid the cheap booze spots full of young males!
- Be aware of the threat – yes it can happen to you and will!
- If you see trouble, watch it. The predator will prefer surprise
- Be cautious
- Don’t be an idiot, asserting your right to walk into a pub in a micro-mini after 15 vodkas may be ethically correct but it dumb, dumb and dumb.
- If approached, be on guard
- Walk confidently, do not seem reserved or frightened, this is a trigger for predators
- Don’t slouch, walk with heads down, hand in pockets and avoid earphone and music is potentially dangerous spots
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Know the danger areas!